1.7.08

ALL SOULS GREG VENABLES WHAT DO YOU LOT OUT THERE MAKE OF THIS?

The doubt being cast on the gospel and the person of Jesus is not the result of modern knowledge, it is the result of what the serpent said to Eve in Eden: ‘Did God say?’ Eve took a ‘modern’ approach: ‘I am modern, I know better than my husband.’ Thank God for those who have taught us to stay faithful to the word of God.

The modern doubt did not begin with modernism and the search for the historical Jesus. It began when the same tempter came to Jesus in the wilderness saying, ‘If you are the Son of God.’ Either Jesus is the Son of God or he is not. If not, Christianity is a sham. CS Lewis: Jesus is mad, bad or God.

In recent times it is about a shift from a biblical paradigm to rationalism, not under the authority of God and his word. The shift was from an open universe, where God can intervene, to a closed universe, where we are subject to determinism and religion is a subjective event for you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lot of fundamentalist nonsense!

Rev R Marszalek said...

Thanks for opening up the dialogue. Father David - you're outrageous. I realise now how delicate I've been in constructing these comments on my blog. In fact, I will look to you for inspiration that will undoubtedly make me a little bolder! I'lll create a link to your site which I find interesting and outrageously funny!
God Bless
Rachel

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.

.
A little background reading so we might mutually flourish when there are different opinions